There are many reasons of why a person gets white patches on skin, some are known and some are still hidden from the people. The exact reason of this problem is still unknown as different people can have white patches on their skin due to different reasons. This white patch is also known by the name of leucoderma or vitiligo and it is caused when the skin lose if colors and fades and form a white spot on the skin. People can have a very small white spot on the skin in normal conditions and their whole body gets white spot if the problem becomes worse. The spots can be found only in one body part or even on the whole body depending on the condition of the disease.
Causes of white patches:
There can be different reasons for different person for the formation of white spots on their skin, out of which the most common reasons are as follows:
- If the skin has problem of pigmentation white spots may form on skin.
- Vitiligo is a disease which is caused by the loss of pigmentation in the skin.
- Nevus depigmentosus is also a disease which is cause by the loss of pigmentation but it is different from vitiligo.
- Other cause of white spot is Idiopathic guttate hypomelanosis which is a genetic cause and occurs due to the pigment disturbance in body.
- Some white spots are caused after the injury where the wounds left the white marks on the skin.
- Children can also have the problem of white spots which is caused due to pityriasis Alba due to hypo pigmentation or depigmentation.
- White patches can also cause due to increase or decrease of melanin in our body often termed as hyper pigmentation and depigmentation respectively.
- Some people can have white patches on their skin due to eczema or tanning also.
How to prevent from white patches?
These white patches can be incurable in some cases and therefore it is very important to prevent yourself from the condition which causes white patches on the skin. There are many easy ways by which you can prevent yourself from white patches on the skin the most common step is to take capsules or food which are rich in vitamin B. It is the most effective way through which you can prevent white spots on the skin.
The most common reason for the white spots on the skin is the disturbance in pigmentation which causes white spots on the skin which is also termed as leucoderma or vitiligo.